Bankfield Museum, Halifax
A small set of pictures taken in November 2014 using a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. Bankfield Museum is a Grad II listed former house which was once owned by Edward Akroyd MP. The house was purchased by the Halifax Corporation in 1887 and became a museum and library soon afterwards, being listed as Grade II in 1954.
The buildings are set in the park of Akroyden and overlooked by All Souls Church. The displays include, local history, textiles, art, toys and jewellery and throughout the year features a changing set of temporary displays. The building is also home to the Duke of Wellington Regimental Museum. It is free to enter and open Tuesday to Saturday from 10.00 - 16.00. The is also a car park and the building is set in the grounds of Akroyden Park to pass the time.
There are a total of 10 pictures which can be seen below or on Clickasnap where they are full resolution and un-watermarked.
|This painting can be seen covering the ceiling just inside the|
|Bankfield Museum from the car park.|
|Bankfield from Akroyden Park|
|Duke of Wellingtons Regiment uniform from the Crimean War|
|The fireplace in the library with textile displays in the cabinets. The |
marble busts are life size and from left to right are Edward Akroyd, his father
Jonathan and then his wife Elizabeth.
|The house chapel|
|This was on display in the regimental museum and was given to coalition|
forces during the 2003 invasion of Iraq to help identify the most wanted members
of the Iraqi government.
|Another view of the library.|
Thanks for looking and please take a moment to share, all the pictures remain the copyright of Colin Green.